Sunday, April 02, 2023

Haircuts, birthday party, cleaning, and Warcraft

Wordle 652 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday we had those cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We wanted something fast and easy because the girls had haircuts scheduled for the midmorning. T.'s was uneventful; the kid and I played played games on our phone and read meanwhile. The kid's went well too, but she got something kind of fancy.

After that, home for lunch. About half an hour later, I took the kid to a friend's birthday party. Getting there was a pain. Her friend lives on Bolling Air Force Base and there was a problem with the guest list at the gates. The party itself went well considering that the kid only knew the birthday girl. I was glad to be there myself. The weather was beautiful and I hadn't been to BAFB in a long time - my old job had parties there now and then, but by now that has been seven years ago. They also redid the South Capitol St. bridge and I've seen it many times but haven't been over it since then, so I wanted to drive back over it. That too was a pain because I thought I could get out through Bolling's north entrance (the host even said I could!) but it was barricaded. When I finally got out there, the bridge was fine, but going home from Capitol St. S. was a pain. So there was a lot of driving. 

Meanwhile T. had been doing the laundry and cleaning the house more thoroughly than usual, since we have company coming. We helped a bit but I also took the kid and a kite to the park for a bit. The kid's friend across the street was also able to come over in the late afternoon.

Dinner was pasta and Brussels sprouts. Easy enough. I did most of the physical therapy while watching TV with T.

In a random pickup group in World of Warcraft, I got the final raid boss down. Yay. Pressure off. Goal achieved. I truly can relax and do other stuff if I want. Annoyingly, I never got the seventh boss, the second-to-last! Maybe I shouldn't worry about it, there's nothing time-limited about it. On the other hand, maybe it'll be easier to get into better groups now that I have the achievement...

No comments: