Friday, February 11, 2022

Not much to say

 Wordle 237 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm going to start playing with hard mode on. My 4th and 5th guesses didn't even use that yellow letter from the third guess. Whoops.

Not much to say about yesterday. Worked steadily at that follow-up task from the day before, but in the middle of the afternoon I was told to hold off on it. Management had seen the first draft and was asking for big changes, so anything I did could be invalidated. Also got comments back on a document that I had been waiting over a week for, so it was nice be able to make even partial progress on that. Also had a meeting (a one-on-one Teams voice chat meeting, might as well call it a call) with a team lead. Nominally it was to gather information about their wiki usage. Informally it was also an opportunity to catch up. We used to work fairly closely together - not interacting daily, but maybe weekly, and my desk was just a little down the hall from his. The pandemic made us both remote, of course, and the reorganization shortly after had us interacting a lot less for work as well. So that was nice.

I went jogging again. Two days in a row of exercise is my best streak since November. Unfortunately I probably can't make it three; I have plans this afternoon. Maybe later this morning or right at noon but it would be hard.

For dinner we had tilapia and corn on the cob. There was a time when fish was basically the only protein I ate; I was pescatarian for about three years. But the kid doesn't like most fish much so that makes it harder. I'm so out of practice that I used a pan that's really hard to clean for the fish. Oh well. 

Blizzard has announced that the next World of Warcraft patch will be in a week and a half. I'm tempted to rejoin, but I feel like I should give not-playing more of a chance than this, and there's nothing I need in there on launch day. If I'm going to start again, I wouldn't miss anything by doing it in April or May. Or later.

No comments: