Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Repeated failures

 Wordle 234 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily stuff

Yesterday was fine, despite the title, that's focused on the musing. I had three meetings but only one required any action by me. I've got a couple important-seeming documents out for review and I can expect a lot of work when the SMEs are done with them but no idea when that will be, so until then I can enjoy a lull and try to work on some more long-term stuff.

The kid helped me make dinner last night. Only a little, and it's scary to watch her knife work, but it's still a good habit to get into. 

After that I had a meeting with a parent group. It's frustratingly slow going, but I'm not going to say it's pointless yet. If there was something more productive, in theory I might be interested in taking part in both.

Musing

Problems with working on my personal computer have continued. Yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled that plugin and it didn't help. The only other thing I can think of is picking up the phone and calling tech support, but that feels like the nuclear option. Who knows how long it would take, and it might be hard to explain that it's not my primary work computer. 

But I wish it could be my work computer more often, for more things, than it can right now. 

I can blog on my work computer, but I'd rather not. It seems risky and like a bad practice. Wordle on the work computer seems safer than blogging, but on the other hand cookies or something on my personal computer have kept a record of my performance and that would be lost. Beyond that, there are tons of things I'd like to do on a computer during the workday but definitely shouldn't or can't do on the corporate computer. Physically moving the computers around is viable but a lot more inconvenient than alt-tabbing.

To put a positive spin on it, this might help my productivity. Quite possibly not, here I am right now, but it's possible. I think I've been fairly good compared to this era for example but my job still has a lot of tasks that would be good to get done but are easy to put off.

No comments: