Friday, May 06, 2022

Joining the borg

 Wordle 321 4/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday we drove the kid to school because of another teacher appreciation event. It's a week-long thing but yesterday was the end of our involvement. We were on time for this one. The event was distributing little flower pots to each classroom. It went well and was actually a good excuse to spend even more time in the school, but it was still a bit stressful to almost be late and try to figure out what we were supposed to be doing. 

Work was slow. Can't complain. In the afternoon I had an appointment with the TSA office at the airport to get in the TSA precheck program. T. is in it and I haven't been, so every time we've flown, we've had to split up at that line. I think it's a stupid system - the lines should be that short for everyone; the only reason they aren't is security theater - but at this point I'm only hurting myself (and T., making her carry the carryon and manage the kid solo in a stressful situation) by not joining, so I finally did. It was a smoother process than I expected. No wait; in and out in 10 minutes. I got donuts for T. and I on the way home. 

Dinner was steak with a sauce/marinade from Trader Joe's, baked beans, and leftover cauliflower from the night before. Easy.

No comments: