Thursday, May 26, 2022

A good day shouldn't be so frustrating

Wordle 341 3/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I feel like it was meaningfully hard to think of a word that used those letters, not in those positions, and without the letters already eliminated.

Yesterday I biked the kid to school. We left right around 8, with the assumption that cleaners we had scheduled would arrive any minute now and T. would be at home to let them in. Then she would leave immediately to go to the office, only a little bit late. She had to go both Tuesday and Wednesday this week due to various in-person events. So I stopped by Trader Joe's on the way home. While there I texted T. and found that the cleaners hadn't arrived yet, so she was still stuck there, so I rushed back. In the end they didn't arrive until 9. I guess there was a mixup about when they were scheduled.

I had a meetings at 10 and 1. They went better than I expected, considering someone was vacuuming the house and doing other assorted cleaning. In between I had some follow-ups on the meetings, and assorted old tasks and random emails. One of those old tasks (over 2 months, to be exact; far from the oldest but long enough that it feels like a big deal) got approved and completed yesterday, so that was nice.

The second meeting ended at around 1:40. The cleaners left at like 1:45. I had to call their office to work out payment. I had a meeting for school stuff at 2, so I ate lunch during that meeting - I wasn't completely unable to get into the kitchen while the cleaners were there, but it wasn't ideal. That school meeting ended after 3. I'd have to leave to get the kid at 4:30. I debated other workout options, including an Alexa app, but got frustrated trying to figure it out, so I just went jogging. I had wanted to give my legs a rest but didn't feel up for figuring out technical issues on short notice. So I just jogged. 

The kid's music lesson was fine, although her teacher reports it was hard to find something she was interested in. A common problem. 

Musing

For dinner I roasted broccoli and made a new recipe with pasta, balsamic vinegar, and bell peppers. The kid didn't like it. In hindsight I probably should have known it would be too spicy, but still, I've had enough of these vegetarian experiments for a while. After weeks if not months of the kid saying she's vegetarian, we've identified four vegetarian entree recipes we all will eat, not counting pasta. (Some pasta recipes go over well and some don't, but most of them don't have much protein, most of them are similar to each other so I wouldn't want them back to back...) It's not enough. Tonight's entree will be meat-based and we'll strongly encourage the kid to eat it.

No comments: