Sunday, May 22, 2022

A busy day off

Wordle 337 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

Yesterday I got up at 7 and went jogging. The kid woke up before I left. Fortunately she was fine watching TV for a while without me. It was already 80 or close to it when I left, so I was absolutely dripping by the time I made it back. We had simple breakfasts. Right after that, I went to the basement and dragged the window unit air conditioners upstairs - it's that time of year. After that, finally, I got cleaned up. Whew. 

We met our friend C. for brunch at a place nearby called Destino. It was nice. T. had been to it before but I hadn't. After that, grocery shopping. Right after that, we dropped the kid off at a new friend's for a playdate around 1. (They're classmates, so I assume they've been friends the whole school year, but this was the first time they did something together away from school.) While she was there, we did the laundry and cleaned and organized stuff around the house. I went to get her around 4. Then we managed her through a few chores. 

We went to a friend's for dinner. Good stuff. The kid stayed overnight, by invitation. It was a bit weird but I gather they had fun. We basically spent the evening there so it wasn't really babysitting, but still, nice.

No comments: