Thursday, May 12, 2022

Guilty pleasures

Wordle 327 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That was tough. Unlike most that feel tough, I don't think I did anything wrong, it was just hard thinking of words that fit the information I had.

Yesterday I biked the kid to school. Good weather for it again. On the way home I did a little grocery shopping. We're basically back to the routine from the Before Time where I would go shopping several times a week, get only what I can carry, and only plan a few days' meals at a time. Good.

I had the house to myself. It was T.'s weekly day at the office. She doesn't like it. In fact, she left before the kid and I, but we caught up to her and were able to wave hi. So after I got back from dropping her off and shopping I stayed downstairs, took the good office chair, and played music freely. 

Around noon I went jogging. I finally tried doubling the usual loop. Good for me for trying something new, but it probably won't be the new normal just yet. It's a big jump in distance and time (if I'm gone long enough for my connection to the work network to time out, it's annoying), and also involved doing a hill twice. Also, I'm annoyed to find that Google Maps disagrees with my phone app a bit about the distance. I might try a simplified, very exact route soon just to test things.

The afternoon plans got a bit complicated. We got news about an active shooter near the kid's school. (I can't find anything on the news about it, and later chatter makes it look like it was farther, but still, police sirens where the kid is playing are scary.) Normally she and her friend and the nanny would have stayed there and we would have walked her over to her music lesson around the corner, but under the circumstances they went to the other kid's house. So I had to do a little more driving to get her to the music lesson. No harm done, just annoying. T. was annoyed as well when she met us there on foot, due to the day's news

As soon as we got home, the kid was surprised to see a friend of hers from school walking into the park near our house. We hadn't known it but apparently her parents have shared custody and one of them lives in the neighborhood. So T. took her to the park so they could play. Meanwhile, I made dinner: grilled steak, baked potatoes, and sauteed green beans. Fancy stuff. Maybe the first grill use of the year.

So it was a good day for me, but I feel a bit guilty, because it wasn't for anyone else. (Except hopefully for the dinner, and the spontaneous playdate. So maybe it wasn't that bad...)

No comments: