Tuesday, May 10, 2022

A relatively easy Monday

Wordle 325 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It was really, really hard for me to think of a valid second guess that fit the information I already had - that final letter and none of the previous four - but then I got it in 3. Perseverance pays off.

The kid was really grumpy yesterday morning. Fortunately she shaped up by the time we went to school. We biked. Had a good example of one thing I like about it. When we were on West Virginia Ave. waiting to cross Florida Ave., a gray van going west on Florida ran the red light. That's not the thing I like, but it's why I remember the van, and it generally serves as an indicator that they were driving recklessly, right? Well, I wasn't biking recklessly, but I kept up with them for the 9 blocks our route overlapped. Even an asshole like that can't go faster than a bike in rush hour traffic in this part of town. So I might as well get some fresh air and exercise out of it!

Not too busy at work. Followed up on some email discussions and continued chipping away at that SOP. I'll probably call it "done" today, with the understanding that it needs a lot more work but that would require SME input/availability that there's no timeline for. In theory there are lots of other things we're working on, but we need input from other people on all of them. 

I went jogging at lunch time. The weather was beautiful for it. I almost thought about making a big leap and doubling the loop that's most of my route, but decided against it. (For one thing, I was still a bit sore from Friday.) 

Dinner was spaghetti and a salad. Good and easy. 

Last night, T. read to the kid at bedtime. The two nights before it, I had done so. We read a Tintin book we got from the library Saturday. I intentionally avoided the ones with notable racism. Unfortunately I picked a pirate story, so the kid seized on terms like "poop deck" and "booty". Anyways, she liked it. The slapstick pratfalls more than the plot, but still, can't complain about a shared interest. Now we need to get the next one, because I just happened to pick one of the two or three stories that's a two-parter.

No comments: