Monday, May 16, 2022

Summer is here

Wordle 331 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My fourth guess should have been my second one there. Oh well...

Yesterday I made the usual Sunday brunch, eggs and home fries. Around 11 we went to the 1st birthday party for the daughter of a friend and former co-worker of T.'s. It was fun enough. It was at a picnic area in Rock Creek Park. Some trees and rocks for the kid to try to climb, some open areas for her to make bubbles in or kick a ball around with other kids close to her age, etc. 

Unfortunately we had an event overlap. The baby's cake-cutting started right around 1 PM. That's when the scouts Blue & Gold Banquet started. And while at the birthday party I remembered we had to bring some boats to it, for race finalists, and we had to stop back at home for them. Whoops. We wound up getting to that a little after 1:30. We also made a wrong turn on the way, so that was stressful. But in the end it worked out. Fun event, little work for me other than delivering the boats, the kid got to see friends.

We got home from that a little after 4. After that, the kid was able to get together with three friends, both in the park and at our house for a while, for almost 3 hours. I spent most of that time supervising or visiting with the other kids' parents. T. did some weeding in the neighbor's garden before joining us.

From around noon on, it was in the 80s and sunny. The weather forecast had had a high chance of rain, but apparently the humidity never tipped over the edge into actual precipitation. I wore shorts all day and put sunscreen on before that final playdate for the kids and I'm glad. 

Dinner was unplanned. In addition forgetting to bring the boats to the banquet, I also forgot that it was more of a lunch thing than a dinner thing. Ugh. I suck. We had enough food, between several leftovers and some dumplings from a Costco bag, but it wasn't enough food that was appealing to the kid, and T. was hungrier than me due to the gardening, so we were all kind of grumpy until the kid was in bed and T. and I could have dessert.

No comments: