Sunday, October 02, 2022

Around the house

Wordle 470 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The usual breakfast yesterday, pancakes and bacon, but a little later than usual because of how late we were up the night before. 

We had several plans for yesterday - a playdate, a scout event - but they fell through due to the weather. It was probably better than expected, not raining all the time, but was still wet enough that outdoors activities would be miserable. So instead we worked around the house. T. and the kid cleaned the kid's room. I put the air conditioners in the basement for the winter. While doing that, I found a leak in the dryer vent, so I patched that. We all worked on laundry. In the afternoon we went to an event at a local park. (But not that local. It seemed like half the event were for politicians we weren't the constituents of.) The kid was much better behaved through all this than I expected. Not just not getting in the way, but actually helping.

After that, to Costco. The list had been only four items long, but somehow we spent $200 there anyway... 

After that, we had thought about going to Lowes for one or two things, but I was tired and my feet were killing me, so we put it off. 

Dinner was steak, with a butter sauce T. found a recipe for and made, and corn. I'm finding too many worms in corn from the farmer's market. Bring on the pesticides.

No comments: