Thursday, October 06, 2022

Exhausted

Wordle 474 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Drove the kid to school again yesterday. It was still just a bit too wet to bike.

Work was uneventful. A few emails, assigning a new task to someone else. Zero meetings.

In the afternoon I walked to the hardware store, and drugstore for some basic groceries, and took a roundabout route back to get some more steps in and enjoy the sun, which had finally come out.

In World of Warcraft, I got tantalizingly close to beating that Mage Tower challenge. I made one mistake 30 seconds from the end of a 15-minute fight and didn't have time for another attempt after that. Ugh.

After school we took the kid to her guitar lesson. It went so well, she is apparently enthusiastic about their upcoming concert and actually wants to be in it. Progress.

After that, instead of going home, we dropped her at this friend's house for dinner and a movie. (Twice in a week, wow.) Then T. and I went out to dinner ourselves, at a ramen place near U St., and after that, to a concert. Barns Courtney. I preferred the opening act, a funny country/blues singer with a high, warbling voice. The main attraction was loud, and so wild it was silly. I recognized two songs, "Glitter and Gold" and "Fire", but I just barely recognized them because it was hard to make anything out. I'd say "I'm getting old", but I'm not sure I would have ever said otherwise. 

We got home around 11 and slept poorly. T. kept snoring. I hadn't slept great the night before last either.

No comments: