Thursday, October 13, 2022

Brain problems

Wordle 481 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got it in four. Can't complain, but that was weird.

Yesterday I got almost nothing done. Not literally nothing. I biked the kid to school. The new route is safe, but still has a frustrating amount of obstructions in the bike lane. I might try another one. I responded to an email in a timely manner. It was far from urgent, but it's nice to know that I was on top of something. And I did my share of the house work as we managed breakfast, lunch, getting ready for the afternoon, etc.

But that's it. I couldn't focus on work. I got nothing important done there. Or important stuff outside work either, not that there's all that much of that. I've mentioned "low executive functioning days" before and this was among the lowest. I'm tempted to blame lack of sleep or some other medical issue. 

Getting the kid to and through her guitar lesson was uneventful. 

Dinner was a Japanese-style fried rice, from a freezer bag. Lazy, but we have to do something easy on guitar lesson nights. I went to bed a bit earlier than usual. I was genuinely tired and hope that extra sleep would help.

Last night around 1 AM I got up to go to the bathroom. While doing that I fell down. It was really weird and a bit scary and I have no idea why. I had only two beers the night before and a lot of water, I've never had an incident like this before. As soon as I finished peeing, I just got dizzy and basically fainted. (Lucky it happened in that order, at least!) I had vasovagal syncope symptoms - a little nausea, chills - but didn't get too close to throwing up, which is weird either way. I was kind of wobbly getting back to my bed. After I recovered, it was hard to get back to sleep partly due to T.'s snoring, so I went downstairs (carefully!) and spent the rest of the night on the couch. So... I was in a bed for over eight hours, as planned, but I wouldn't call it restful.

No comments: