Saturday, October 01, 2022

Movie night

Wordle 469 6/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'd say it was tough, but it's a very common word, I guess I just had a mental block.

Yesterday morning after getting ready for school, the kid discovered that Hocus Pocus 2 had released. It was tough to persuade her to not watch as much as she could right then, because she wouldn't have time to finish before school and because her mother and I would like to see it with her. I biked the kid to school like usual. 

It was the biweekly report day at work. It went better than two weeks ago, but still not great. All the submitters but one were on time or close enough, but that one was very late. Also, some were timely but messy. But other than that, work was fine. One meeting at 3:30. If a late Friday meeting sounds unpleasant, apparently the organizers would agree. Attendance and participation were so disappointing that they rescheduled only about halfway through the agenda in hopes that something earlier in the week would go better.

We got the kid a bit earlier than usual. Before gymnastics class we went to 7/11 for snacks. (And cash; I was out. My credit union offices are no longer as as close as they were when I opened the account, but luckily 7/11 ATMs are in network.) During gymnastics class we went grocery shopping, and to the bookstore to get The Golden Enclaves; it just came out this week and it's the sequel to The Last Graduate

Dinner was pizza. I felt bad about so much eating out, but we really can't do anything else on gymnastics night. To get a little more variety, I got a kind I very rarely have: buffalo chicken. The ladies dependably have Hawaiian.

After that, we watched Hocus Pocus 2. It was fine. The kid went to bed about an hour later than usual, but this seems like a good reason. T. and I watched Jon Oliver after that and played our games and didn't get to bed until midnight. We don't do that often.

No comments: