Saturday, October 08, 2022

Recovery in every sense but physical

Wordle 476 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning I finally got the 10th Mage Tower challenge, so that was nice. During breakfast we heard a crashing noise in the kitchen. We couldn't figure out what it was, but later in the morning we found that a shelf in the cupboard had collapsed. Overloaded, I guess.

For work I had one meeting in the morning, which I was actually in charge of. It went OK. Core objective achieved, but in hindsight I could have been better prepared and focused more on a second objective. So... OK. Other than that, work was slow, like most Fridays without the biweekly report.

Unusually, I had the house to myself. The kid had the day off school, so T. took the day off work and took her to a local farm/petting zoo/fall festival with two friends from school and their parents. In addition to a normal but relaxing workday, I also walked to the hardware store to get more pins to hold up the shelf. After that I worked out on the exercise bike and did the actual physical therapy. 

As it turned out, T. and the kid left the farm at the last minute for gymnastics class, so I met them there. I just barely missed a bus, so I walked. (Exercise, physical therapy, and a long walk - wow. At some point I should think about upper body workout but at this point I think I just need to concentrate on beating the fasciitis. It's still around now and then.)

Gymnastics was fine. Dinner afterwards was burritos, as takeout because the kid needed to get cleaned up. When she got to the gym, she had hay in her shoes, and she thought it would be logical to shake it out into my bag. Kids...

Last night we tried out a white noise setting on the alarm clock. I slept better but still not great.

No comments: