Monday, October 31, 2022

Taking care of a sick kid

Wordle 499 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It took three tries to find a doctor that could take same-day appointments on a Sunday, take our insurance, and treat kids. In hindsight I don't want to complain about that, same-day Sunday appointments are hard enough without the other two factors, but it was annoying at 9 AM yesterday. 

The appointment was at noon. The doctor we found was great. In and out in an hour despite being new to us. Responses from the front desk a minute after filling out the forms. The doctor was nice, too - kind of brusque, but the issue was simple enough. 

Getting the prescription for antibiotics filled required several phone calls to figure out pharmacies' hours and whether they actually had our medicine in stock. I found it at the fourth CVS. Maybe I should have tried a different chain somewhere along the line, but then again, Sunday. 

I got home with the pills at around 3:30, exactly the same time as my parents. In addition to a leisurely morning/early afternoon, they had done some shopping. My dad, T., and the kid went to the park and to check out Halloween decorations nearby while I chatted with my mother and we roasted the pumpkin seeds from the day before. The kid seemed fine at the time, but crashed later.

Dinner was spaghetti and broccoli. The kid slept through it. We put her to bed properly around 8 and she wanted her dinner then. She was restless and came into our bed around 3:30, but I think oversleeping during the day was a bigger problem than actual pain. Still, can't complain about her recuperating.

No comments: