Friday, October 21, 2022

Powering through

Wordle 489 X/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜

⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩

⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩

⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩

⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩

⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩

Ugh. I suck. Or I need a better strategy for words like that. 

Let me preface this by saying that, just like every previous covid booster, I had minor flu-like symptoms - fever, chills, muscle aches, etc. - through yesterday. Rarely have I regretted putting things off to the last minute more than when I took a shower in the mid-morning while dealing with those symptoms, but I had no choice...

Drove the kid to school, like I said. Work was less busy than I expected due to other peoples' scheduling problems. That is, I had three meetings scheduled, but two were cancelled, and the third turned out to be a training or something for something I don't use and didn't care about. 

In between that, I did some last-minute packing for myself and the kid. I also prepped our neighbor for taking care of the cat, and ran to the post office to mail a birthday present to my nephew, and finally get the right kind of stamps for the postcards. (It was a new post office for me, despite being the closest one to my home. How have we gone this long without using it before?) 

We got the kid from school at 2:30. (We've never seen traffic better!) Got home, dropped her backpack off, did a couple literally-last-minute things, and got in a Lyft.

At the airport, we had an early dinner around 4 at a Qdoba. Burritos/burrito bowls. I tried to order less than usual but should probably have ordered even less than that. We carried most of a burrito, dismembered, through most of the flight. 

The flight was uneventful. Screaming children in front of and behind us, and kind of turbulent, but we boarded, took off, and landed roughly on schedule. T. and I both watched Resident Alien for most of the flight. It's up our alley but we haven't wanted to pay for the Syfy (or however it's spelled) streaming app, so this was our chance to binge on it. 

We got to the in-laws' house around 11 PM local time. So, a loooong day.

No comments: