Thursday, January 19, 2023

A mouthguard

Wordle 579 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Getting the kid to school yesterday was typical. We thought about trying out T.'s bike but decided against it, partly because she was feeling a little unwell. 

Work was less productive than the day before. Partly because I was tired, partly because I had got to the low-hanging fruit already. But even so I managed to get through the bare minimum of my 2022 performance review. I probably could have put more thought into it but I figure just getting it done is better than nothing (the review, although now that I think of it that's true of the year too). Especially since today and tomorrow look busy and I shouldn't have put it off this long as it is.

Around 1:30 we got a call. The kid was in the nurse's office with a fever. T. went to get her. Right when they got back, around 2:30, I biked to my dentist's office. I had an appointment to get the mouthguard he had recommended. That went well enough. I was home by 4. The kid was having quiet time upstairs. (We thought she was napping, but in fact she was playing with her iPad.) I logged on work and did a little more to get to a full day.

Dinner was pork chops and cauliflower. I tried to improvise a sort of batter for the cauliflower and it didn't work, but they still tasted fine.

No comments: