Tuesday, January 10, 2023

A walk counts as strenuous exercise these days

Wordle 570 3/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The kid was grouchy in the morning. Lack of sleep from the weekend maybe? Traffic was terrible taking her to school. I really, really want to get her biking. Me biking would definitely have been faster but she's outgrown the seat. Her biking might not have been faster with any plausible level of skill this month, but she's never going to learn if she doesn't start trying. 

Work was fine. Two meetings. One, I was more or less in charge of, and it went well. One I wasn't in charge of, just listening in on, and it went OK. Once again I didn't get much done outside those, but I'm still not worried about any particular deadlines.

Around 4 I went for a 3-mile walk. Good for me but it's sad that that counts as exercise... on the way home I did some quick grocery shopping. As soon as I got home I went out again to get the kid. While I was on my walk and driving around T. was napping; she wasn't feeling well. Traffic was bad in the evening too. I was later than usual and it was only partly due to leaving late. The kid wanted to play with her friends on the playground but I unfortunately had to tell her they were out of reach. 

Dinner was rosemary steak tips, glazed carrots, and leftover green beans.

No comments: