Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Malaise

Wordle 591 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Fairly typical day yesterday. Dropped the kid off by car on time. 

Work went OK. I got thrown for a loop first thing in the morning when I got an email that looked like a new task, but on second thought turned out to be another draft of a document I had already been working on, but they had ignored my feedback and done work on a file of their own. Annoying and a waste of time. The biggest issue of the day was a question about which type of document should go where, which sent me down a rabbit hole of trying to find or make up clear guidance for something that should already have it and doesn't. If the answer we get turns out to be "everything should start going in the repository my team doesn't currently use at all, which looks like Geocities," then I'd appreciate the simplicity and no longer having to deal with the vagaries of Microsoft Word.

In the afternoon I had a little time to myself because T. had a meeting downtown, so that was nice. Around 4 I went for a walk. I'd barely even call it exercise, and while running some errands (dropping knives off to be sharpened, and buying pork chops, bananas, and an onion) I also got some ice cream so it was probably a net negative for fitness. Oh well, at least I did something. I have a physical therapy appointment coming up so soon I'll hopefully be able to make progress. 

Got the kid at the usual time. She was able to play with a friend in the playground after we picked her up for a few minutes, which she appreciated.

Dinner was pork chops, steamed peas, and leftover French fries.

No comments: