Friday, January 27, 2023

The morning was the only hard part

Wordle 587 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The vet gave the cat an antibiotic for a suspected respiratory infection and sent us on our way.

I came home to find that meeting in progress. My teammate had no problem continuing to take minutes. I followed along and we got basically the same results with the part I was there for, which is encouraging. 

Later in the day I finished a report to our leadership on the status of stuff in the library on a team-by-team basis. It went well. I mean, the status isn't great, but the report looks good in the end in my opinion and my teammates agreed. So let's see how the next meeting goes.

I had used up the last of our DayQuil later in the day so I walked to the pharmacy for more. The shelf was pretty picked over - it's that time of year - but they had Theraflu so I got that. On the way home I picked up burritos for lunch, for a little variety.

The afternoon was quiet enough for me, but not for T. a meeting with someone annoying at work and a stressful call with her mother about plans for our next visit. I put chicken in a slow cooker recipe and prepped the carrots for glazing before we left to get the kid. The guitar lesson teacher was a substitute but not a complete stranger to us, so that was interesting.

Dinner wasn't my finest work, but after that morning, and generally being sick, who cares. And the kid ate it, so its blandness wasn't a problem for her.

No comments: