Friday, January 06, 2023

More freedom

Wordle 566 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I drove the kid to school alone and had the house to myself again. 

It was fun. In World of Warcraft I cleared the raid on Normal. This is... the end of the beginning, let's say? The first thing I might not have been able to do in the new role. Good for me. As for work, I had a meeting and was generally responsive to questions, but still could have been more productive. Oh well. Today is the WAR and that will keep me busy, and hopefully I can catch up on a couple things next week. 

T. came home around 4. Jury duty is done; after all this suspense, she didn't get selected. Not a huge surprise. She was too well informed. She has mixed feelings about not getting selected; she would have looked forward to seeing justice done in this case.

We got the kid early, because there was no after-care because of a Girl Scout meeting instead, and stayed late, because music lessons with the new teacher are later than they used to be. In the 45-minute gap in between, the kid played with her friends on the school playground, I went for a walk around the neighborhood, and I think T. mostly talked with other parents.

Dinner was the usual on nights after music lessons: fried rice from a bag. Easy and fast but boring. I feel like I want more variety next time.

No comments: