Thursday, January 26, 2023

Bad timing for a rough morning

Wordle 586 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday T. and I both took the kid to school. We parked in the neighborhood and had breakfast at a nearby café. Then we went to her school for Exposition. It was focused on conscious consumerism, i.e. smart shopping and thinking about the effects of how you shop. Ironically the kids made things for sale to the parents as a fundraiser for a local charity. When the kid asked for money to buy a keychain, I enjoyed asking her if it was something she needed or something she wanted. The event was more hectic than last year, maybe just because it was fully indoors due to the time of year. 

After that, home for a couple hours of work. I had planned on a half-day because the kid also had a guitar lesson in the afternoon, a makeup class for a class missed over the holidays. (Can't save them up too long.) But T. took the whole day off and offered to take care of that without me, and after a little hesitation I accepted. I thought about napping but didn't get other stuff wrapped up in time, but still relaxed more than usual. 

Lazy day yesterday. I'm getting sick, with a sore throat, runnier nose than usual, and general aches and pains. T. is getting better from her illness but still not 100 percent yet. The kid had more free time than usual because she was picked up earlier than usual because of the guitar lesson. But it was raining, so outside activities were off the table and it was hard to persuade her to go anywhere else. So we just sat around in the afternoon. T. and the kid watched a movie on Netflix while I played WoW and finished out my workday. Seems like they liked it. The kid got too much screen time, probably even if we didn't count the movie. 

Dinner was pasta and asparagus. The kid liked them more than expected. Cool. While grating the parmesan cheese, I grated my finger a bit. Ouch.

This morning the cat had a vet appointment for a respiratory issue. It overlapped with the kid's school dropoff, but we figured T. could do one solo and I could do the other. No problem. While getting ready for bed last night I suddenly realized it also would overlap with a meeting of mine every Thursday at 9. Shit! So the first thing I did in the morning was reach out to a teammate and ask him to cover the meeting. Fortunately, he had no problem with it. 

This morning when T. logged on she found out that she had a meeting at 8:30. Shit, shit! So instead of dropping the kid off a little before the last minute like usual, she dropped the kid off a little before the official start of the drop-off time. I got the cat to the vet's appointment and it was uneventful but it's too early to say for sure he's OK.

No comments: