Saturday, January 28, 2023

Easy Friday

Wordle 588 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dropped the kid off uneventfully. Work was fine. Two meetings. I wasn't actually in charge of either, which is always nice, and both were productive. Sent a few emails on other tasks but generally relaxed. 

In my free time, in addition to minor work around the house, I mostly played WoW. I'm not sure how much time is left in the current "season", so I'm not sure how much I need to worry about my seasonal goals (of course, the obvious answer is "not at all, it's a game"), but I'm getting close to one of them (KSM. Still nowhere near AOTC.) The process is humbling. A fair amount of learning by making mistakes.

We got the kid earlier than usual and went to a parents' organization happy hour. It was fun for both us and the kid, since some friends of hers were there. Too brief, though, because she had gymnastics. This is why we don't normally bring her to those events. While she was in gymnastics, we did the shopping. (I dropped her and T. off in a hurry. I thought she'd stay with the kid, or just didn't think at all because we were late, she thought I'd take her to the store with me. I felt bad about leaving her. But then when she got a dessert we didn't need, and lots of other stuff not on the list, I kind of wish she hadn't come!)

During class, the kid's friend across the street invited her to come over for pizza and a movie. We said sure. T. and I had pizza ourselves for dinner, and celebrated having the house to ourselves by watching a little more TV of a more mature topic (i.e. swearing) than usual. What can I say, it was only 2 additional hours to ourselves and I'm still a bit sick.

No comments: