Sunday, January 15, 2023

One year of this

Wordle 575 5/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday was the usual Saturday brunch, pancakes and bacon.

Late in the morning or just after noon the kid and I went to the park and threw around the frisbee. It was a lot more fun than I remember. She was a better sport about it for some reason. 

After that we ran some errands on H. Street. We had a short list: a bike tube to fix the kid's purple bike now and a patch kit to be prepared for next time, and some cat treats from the store across the street. We had to be quick because we had plans for an afternoon playdate for the kit. But there's a bookstore next to the bike store and the kid wanted to browse, and we said, sure, why not. And by this point we were hungry, so we got lunch. In the end we got to the playdate almost an hour late. Luckily we had been texting to reschedule. It was mostly outside, and it was cold. Maybe we should have gone somewhere else. Oh well. They had biked there and had plans later, so didn't really have time to go somewhere else, so we just made do.

Dinner was chicken and broccoli.

Musing

I feel like I should have some reflection on the fact that I've kept this up daily for one year, as of today. A few more entries than 365, but that's because early on I had done more than one post some days.

Honestly, I don't know. Not much to say. I could write hundreds of words, but it boils down to me being one year older, exercise being even harder to get (plantar fasciitis I haven't been doing the physical therapy for, and the kid is too big to be a passenger on my bike now), and not much having changed otherwise. A year ago I had quit WoW but that only lasted for about four months. I've experimented in minor ways with creative stuff but nothing I've stuck with (so far, although some of it is recent enough, it's not crazy to hope...). This blog has been fun sometimes, and has been useful to satisfy my curiosity about when certain things happened in the past year, but I can't point to any practical use out of it I couldn't have got from my calendar or things like that. I don't exactly regret any of this but feel like I should have changed more somehow.

EDIT: "hope"? Well, isn't that revealing. This is something I could theoretically have some control over.

No comments: