Thursday, January 05, 2023

A great day except for the Wordle

Wordle 565 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I dropped the kid off at school alone because T. had jury duty. T. left before us, hungry and stressed because getting out of the house that early was hard. Right before we left, the cleaner came and got started. 

Funny vignette: she used to watch the show called Gravity Falls, which among other things features an evil extra-dimensional being called Bill Cipher, who has reality-warping powers and usually appears as a yellow pyramid with arms, legs, and one big eye in the middle. She had noticed similar symbolism here and there in other things and on the way to school asked me if maybe they were making references to Gravity Falls. I showed her a dollar bill and blew her mind. Then I told her a bit about the Illuminati (and in hindsight maybe I should have covered the Freemasons more). 

As soon as I got home, I organized a bit and finished putting away the Christmas stuff while staying logged in and reachable at work. A fair amount of heavy lifting.

Around 10:30 I biked to the library to pick up a DVD I had reserved. I thought about getting breakfast bars for T. since she mentioned them, so I went to the Trader Joe's. I got several things we could use there, but forgot the breakfast bars. Ugh. 

Then, home for a couple more hours and worked. One meeting in the afternoon, really just a phone call between me and S., one of my two teammates. 

The cleaner finished around 2, which was perfect timing because I had another outing, a dentist's appointment, scheduled for 3. Even though it was supposed to rain, and in fact already had rained a bit since my first outing, I biked across town because I am insane I procrastinated too much to get there on time any other way I wanted the exercise and to indulge nostalgia, because the dentist's office happened to be only three blocks from my old office. (In defense of my insanity and procrastination, I brought an umbrella and was prepared to lock my bike up and take a bus home if I had to. But still, if I had got around to exercise the day before I might not have felt obligated to bike yesterday, and procrastination is bad.) Anyways, the dentist's appointment went fine. It was my first one with a new dentist since the previous one stopped taking my insurance. They recommended a mouthguard so I have a follow-up appointment for that, but they said things were great overall. No cavities. 

Then, home very briefly, the dentist's appointment had taken over an hour. This time I got the breakfast bars. I soon went out again to pick up the kid. Once we got home, the kid practiced her guitar a bit while I organized and prepped for dinner. T. got home about half an hour after us. 

Dinner was pasta (a new type from a kit we bought on a whim a few weeks ago), leftover salad, and a leftover potato.

A busy day, but good anyway. I guess I would have had more fun with more time for World of Warcraft, but I'd feel like an asshole to complain about that. Productive but not difficult. Biking continues to be my favorite style of exercise, despite the occasional danger - a bus came into the bike lane on the way home from the dentist's office and would have hit me if I had been 10 feet ahead. Too bad biking is no longer part of my daily routine. Maybe I should just go out and bike for 30 minutes like I was jogging for a while, in some loop around the Hill or even just up the nearby trail and back?

No comments: