Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Walking in the other direction counts as variety

Wordle 585 5/6

🟨⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I drove the kid to school alone again. T. still isn't feeling well.

Work was fine. One meeting in the morning. The topic wasn't mainly my responsibility but I had some things to say anyway. I had a good-sized to-do list for the day and in the end got through all of it. Good for me. The hassle from yesterday, the change to a template, has developed into a new template and we got to work on that, but it hasn't/won't hold up the documents in progress until it's done, so that's not as bad as I had feared.

I was feeling hassled again yesterday, maybe even frazzled. Out of sorts even! I thought about doing some sketching to see if it had any therapeutic value. I got out my sketchbook and found some models Warcraft-related models to draw, but didn't actually get around to putting pencil to paper. Maybe some other time.

In the afternoon I took a walk, a bit earlier than usual, or else longer days are already getting noticeable. Normally I walk around our neighborhood and the nearby college, but yesterday on the spur of the moment I went south instead of north, up Capitol Hill. Scenic. More street crossing - irrelevant when walking leisurely but it would be a problem if I were trying to run. It's funny, I've been complaining about cars while stuck in traffic taking the kid to school or elsewhere, but yesterday my walk took me by Lincoln Park. When she was 3 or so we tried getting her in a kid's soccer club. We walked there with her in a stroller, a mile uphill, in November, and she hated the soccer anyway. That sounds roughly as silly as most of the recent car stuff.

After that I got myself cleaned up quickly and then went to meet the kid and her friends at the pool. I had to be early because I had forgot to send her to school with a swimsuit. Whoops. Swimming went well. I didn't even try to work out and just read on the bleachers.

Dinner was tilapia and a cucumber salad. T. made it all and it came out better than mine, according to the kid. Maybe she should cook more often! :) 

In the evening my throat started feeling scratchy. Uh oh. Hope I'm not getting what T. has.

No comments: