Sunday, January 01, 2023

New Year's Eve

Wordle 561 5/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

There's nothing to say about yesterday considering when I posted that, but it's the usual time and I have a few things to say anyway.

Yes, I'm up early for a holiday, especially considering the jet lag. T.'s snoring did it, despite the earplugs and nose clip. I have another tab open to shop for noise-cancelling headphones. Is there any way I can get back to sleep? I've slept on the couch comfortably before but right now it's covered in cat hair and I'm relatively clean. The guest bed is a Murphy bed and right now it's blocked by two suitcases and two chairs.

I don't always make a New Year's resolution - the last two years, I figured just surviving, literally and figuratively, was good enough, and even before that I didn't always bother - but this year I'm making one to get in shape. A clichΓ©, I know, but for months I haven't had any regular routine at all and the last two weeks have been an exercise in gluttony. 

I plan to recommend a family resolution of the kid having less screen time. This might be a family resolution, requiring cooperative effort from us. Once again, over the past two years we didn't worry about it so much. (And I don't want to overthink problems yesterday, of all days.) But she should be better at entertaining herself without TV or computer games. I may not be setting a great example of this but even I finished a novel while we were in California. Legends and Lattes, a Christmas present from T. It was fun, light reading. And I started Nona the Ninth. Fun but not light. She has a ton of books and I'm not sure how much she actually reads them, and other activities, but it's always TV, games on her iPad, or, even worse, YouTube.

No comments: