Wednesday, September 06, 2023

A day not conducive to anything

Wordle 809 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got the kid to school uneventfully yesterday.

Some days when I'm not productive at work I blame it on low executive function, like the problem is a chemical imbalance in my brain. Yesterday is not one of those days. (And I'm not even saying I was unproductive in the grand scheme of things, but anyways.) 

The day started with a to-do list of two items, but I quickly got distracted from it by a bunch of confusing inputs on a certain team's documents. Once I figured them out, I had to admit to 3 mistakes I had made when updating various documents in recent months. Whoops. And then my boss had a meeting with her peers and asked them for information, and it came out that I had already received it and been ignoring it. "It came out" - it's clear to me, and probably would be clear to my peers if they checked. I'm not sure anyone else noticed but they might. 

Also, that to-do list? One item on it I started but didn't finish. Another item I didn't start.

I was late getting the kid to her guitar lesson, partly because a meeting ran late. 

When we got home and I made dinner, it was an unfamiliar orange chicken kit and harder to add to than I thought it would be. As I was moving kitchen appliances around I knocked down the laundry detergent jar and broke it. 

Then T. and I went to a concert. Squirrel Nut Zippers. This went better than I would have expected. It helped that there was no opening band, or rather, they were the opening band, so we left the house before 7:30 and were back before 10. 

So the concert was better than usual and better than I would have expected, but it was still a rough day.

No comments: