Thursday, September 07, 2023

Temper tantrum

Wordle 810 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got the kid to school uneventfully yesterday.

Yesterday morning I had an appointment with a new therapist, due to scheduling problems with the previous one. She was blunt about me needing to get off my ass, stop whining, and solve my own problems. (Well, not that blunt.) I'm not saying she's wrong but the prospect isn't fun.

Around noon at work discussion turned to an update to the data on outdated documentation. I realized that it's going to be used a lot next week, so I really should do it before then, so I got started working on it. Set it up entirely and started populating the data. I had to do it at some point, but a few hours later when I took stock and realized how I had spent the day - still haven't started the second of those tasks I started the day before with! Or several things that came up in between! - I threw an honest-to-God tantrum, throwing things and yelling "fuck" a lot. Didn't actually hurt myself or break anything but might as well have. 

Anyways, after that I had to swallow the anger and go to a start-of-year parent-teacher conference. Nothing academic to report on, just getting to know each other and helping them get to know the kid. On the way back we brought home a neighboring kid who goes to the same school.

There was nothing in the house to call dinner, so we did takeout. I walked to Cava to pick it up. As a bonus, that walk was the closest thing I got to exercise all day.

No comments: