Sunday, September 17, 2023

The Festival? Really?

Wordle 820 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday sucked.

The kid was in denial about covid because she didn't want to miss her/our plans for the day: the H Street Festival. A week ago the plan was for us all to go and meet friends there. When only I had tested positive the plan was for T. and the kid to go and see friends and maybe I'd watch from a distance or maybe I'd just totally relax at home depending on how I was feeling. But with the kid sick? 

In the morning we went to the farmer's market. It went deceptively well. In the early afternoon we insisted on quiet time. It was a huge, age-inappropriate fight. But ultimately we won, T. and I both lay down in separate beds, and the kid kept to herself in her room for over half an hour. We finally left the house around 3. Our first destination was the house of the kid's friend, just sound of H St. We wore masks and I told people up front I had covid, but we weren't sure how open to be about the kid's condition, because we aren't sure about the school's policy at the moment. 

The kid had fun. I wasn't as tired as I'd expected to be, which isn't saying much. I had planned to cook at home but by the time we got the kid to stop playing with friends and browsing shops, she was starving, so we got whatever festival food we could find with short lines.

No comments: