Saturday, September 30, 2023

Rough, even by Friday's standards

Wordle 833 4/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I got the kid to school, nervously about everything going on in general but otherwise uneventfully.

The biweekly report was worse than usual. There's a new section and there were kinks to work out. Also, I made the mistake of being diligent. Most of the time I don't need/want to ask submitters anything about content, but today I noticed that a line was lacking in detail, I asked about it. I couldn't drag anything useful out of them, nor out of three more people involved in it. Well, I tried.

After noon I went for a jog. A turn on the normal route was thoroughly blocked due to construction. Instead of simply trying to find my way around I turned left and went a completely different route. Good for me for trying something new, and it was actually a tiny bit longer than usual, 3.2 miles, but it's not going to become the new routine. Too many busy street crossings.

I worked through the afternoon. When finished with my job I worked on an application. I've become stagnant. T. has sent me several suggestions. Two of them closed before I got around to applying. I would have felt really pathetic if I let the third expire as well. So I worked on basically nothing else, besides some email sorting and administrative stuff at work, until it was time to go get the kid. 

We thought we'd be on time for her to play with friends, but there was a bit of a miscommunication with another parent, and had to go basically as soon as we met them. Gymnastics went fine. Afterwards we had a quick dinner at District Taco and then went to our friend P.'s house for dessert. It was nice but too late, especially considering our plans.

I was grumpy, for good reason in my opinion, but at least I got the application done. Yay. I'm trying.

Journaling about journaling

A propos of nothing, I've been lax about the paper journal and the detailed spreadsheet. I only had three or four sessions with the therapist who recommended them and the last one was a month ago. They've already had some benefit, helping me realize just how bad the sleep problems are, and they're ways to track anything too personal to put here, but still, they're seeming more and more pointless. I haven't stopped yet and this weekend will be a good time for the paper journal, but I might stop soonish.

No comments: