Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Work, Warcraft, and a concert

Wordle 816 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Biked the kid to school, and did some grocery shopping afterwards. 

Work was fine. Our team meeting was productive. I worked on a document that was in limbo for a long time. It was started more than a year ago. A related document came to management's attention a week and a half back,  and for a while I hoped the interest would get the old one moving too, but in the immediate aftermath of that I couldn't even bring myself to work on it. I finally mustered the strength yesterday morning. And it's a good thing too, because this document came to management attention yesterday afternoon! Realistically it doesn't matter, they aren't going to care about the minutiae of who worked on it when and if they do I can't prove it, but I feel good that I had at least got started on it before they asked. 

I also played a lot of Warcraft. I'm not sure how I feel about that, or should feel. It's Tuesday and work wasn't too busy, so it's not too bad in that sense. My Mythic+ score is 2498 at the moment, already higher than ever, but so tantalizingly close to Keystone Hero and at least one instance portal that I feel like I have to keep going. I also spent a lot of time on the Secrets of Azeroth event, a riddle-solving minigame. Not sure if this is giving in to fear of missing out (FOMO), or just a fun thing to do that happens to be at its peak right now. 

(Update at 12:30 PM: Around 10 this morning I finished the only time-limited part of the secret event. Just 10 minutes ago I got Keystone Hero. Woo hoo.)

At the last minute I logged out of everything and prepped dinner. Then I went to the school to get the kid. We had to hurry but we were on time for the guitar lesson. Then home, where T. had used my prep work to make a risotto. She did well.

Dinner was brief because T. and I went to a concert. 3 acts: Raphael (?), Bishop Briggs, and Misterwives. I recognized one song out of them all, plus maybe some covers. It was fun but marred by a runny nose and sore throat. Uh oh.

No comments: