Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Mondays, am I right?

Wordle 829 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday was frustrating.

I biked the kid to school and did some grocery shopping on the way home. Fine. On Friday I had written up a to-do list and the first thing on it was a certain type of easy task, just to get things organized and out of the way. Turns out that there weren't as many as I thought, though. There was only one, and even that required creatively reinterpreting some guidance we had had. After that there was nothing for it but getting into some harder tasks. One of them has been on my agenda for a very long time, and sure enough, it's difficult and will be thankless except for the incremental improvement of our numbers. Later in the morning something unexpected came up. My boss had some questions that seemed simple about an upcoming presentation, but it turned out they weren't and she - we, I - have to completely rethink it. Ugh.

I did all this while the cleaners were in the house, which is always a bit annoying.

I went jogging a little after noon. I'm glad we've reached the time of year that's feasible, at least. The usual 3-mile route; I'm glad I'm still capable of it after weeks of being too lazy (or busy) to exercise.

The afternoon was less bad. Two meetings, both easy. I continued working on that old, likely-to-be-thankless task, and played a little Warcraft.

A regular reminder had expired instead of going on indefinitely, so I had to rely on my memory for a certain monthly report. At least I had good news to report.

Dinner was leftover risotto and a carrot stew. As soon as we started cooking we found that I should have got another ingredient when I went shopping in the morning. Whoops. Also, it came out weirdly because I didn't realize the last two steps of the recipe were on the following page. This is not the most user-friendly cookbook.

No comments: