Friday, September 01, 2023

Busy workday

Wordle 804 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Getting the kid to school yesterday was uneventful for us, although there was a stabbing across the street at the time, which dominated the WhatsApp chat all day. 

Work sucked. A routine meeting in the morning went awry when Word froze completely while I was taking notes. I took a screenshot of what was there and switched to paper and might not have missed anything, but can't be sure. We also worked on 3 documents that were urgent because they had management attention. One was related to something that had been in progress for over a year but the SME didn't understand what I needed and didn't bother to ask. (In fact, for a while I thought they were the same tasks, so the past few days were made just a bit more complicated by detangling them.) One had been in progress for over a month - small potatoes, really! - and it took something like 6 emails to get the SME's attention after it became urgent. And a third was on no one's radar at all. It should have made the transition to this contract 3 years ago but somehow didn't, and suddenly needed updates. What a mess.

In the afternoon, after the bulk of that was done or at least awaiting review, I watched an episode of the new Superman show. It's funny. Meanwhile I did some calisthenics for my exercise for the day. 

Around 3:30 I walked to the library to print off another form for renovation permits, and to the drugstore to get T.'s prescription. Then I drove to the kid's school to get her. Traffic was terrible. 

She had a brief playdate with her friend across the street. I relaxed. When she came home, she and I had tortellini for dinner. I had a beer with it. I've been trying to cut back, I had no alcohol the night before, but I felt like I needed it last night.

No comments: