Monday, September 18, 2023

A lot of little problems

Wordle 821 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Made the usual Sunday brunch yesterday, eggs and home fries, and simply served T. in the living room while the kid and I ate in the dining room.

Later in the morning we went to the new farmer's market at the nearby school. T. and I took turns supervising the kid in the playground while the other went to the market. I checked it out first and only the cookies looked interesting; I thought we were pretty well stocked on fruits and vegetables anyway. When T. went, she got carrots, tomatoes, and corn, but no cookies. 

We spent a lot of time yesterday in the garden, theoretically getting ready to decorate for Halloween. T. seemed annoyed I wasn't helping more. I'd be happy to help but the garden is just filled with plants I don't know or care about. I'll contribute by weeding, if she defined them carefully, or getting out of the way. That's about it.

I'm putting it that way because I was moody about it (and, apparently, still am), but I did some useful work anyway. While she weeded our garden, the kid and I eliminated a nasty pricker bush from in front of a nearby vacant house. Civic duty aside, it used to attack us when we parked there. Now it won't.

After the weeding, we did some decorating. The house looks a little spookier. While doing so some neighbors walked by, a mother with a daughter who's a friend of the kid, so they wound up visiting for a while. I took the girls to the park while the moms had wine. I had a glass myself after I got back.

Dinner was spaghetti and cauliflower. While I cooked the kid had a tantrum about TV and guitar. In the end, T. got her to do both. I'm not sure how. Nor, in the case of the guitar, why, but that's another topic...

No comments: