Friday, September 22, 2023

Good despite stress? Because of? Let's just say "ups and downs"

Wordle 825 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I started out miserable, which I'd blame on stress about our anniversary. I should have done more to make it more romantic and special. I hadn't even bought a card before yesterday. I like to think I might have if the past week or two hadn't been so weird, but I didn't.

So after a reasonably productive morning - meeting, meeting notes before noon, 2 or 3 emails reminding people of things I'm waiting for - I got on my bike and went on basically every errand I could think of. To the bank to deposit some checks, which is a pain to do during business hours normally. Halfway between there and the next stop was the Mall, which of course has food trucks, so I indulged myself with a little ice cream. Then I meandered through a shopping district to see if anything fun/pretty/romantic would strike me as a present. It didn't, so I stuck to useful stuff: a new phone charger for T., since her old one broke. Then to Union Station, for a little more shopping browsing (still no inspiration) and a card. Then to the pharmacy to pick up some medication she needed and some general groceries.

All this took over 2 hours. I relaxed in the afternoon, got cleaned up at the last minute, and then met the ladies at school for a back-to-school event. It was fine. 

After that, we went to a book signing T. suggested. The kid read for about half the time and played games on T.'s phone for the rest of the time. We left before the actual signing, it was late and a school night, but the talk was interesting enough. Dinner was at Brasserie Beck, a nice place nearby we haven't been to in a long time. It was good.

But was it good enough?

No comments: