Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Reliefs

Wordle 822 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning the kid tested negative for covid. I don't know if Saturday's test was contaminated or what, but, regardless, what a relief. I really was not looking forward to trying to parent, while working, while also maintaining covid protocols around T. 

I spent the day in my room. Work went well. Not incredibly busy, but busy and productive enough. Four meetings, but the first was just listening in. The second is the reason the title of this post is plural. I discussed the conflict between my teammates with our boss and she agreed with my basic approach, so that's nice to know about. The other two meetings went basically fine. 

I played a lot of Warcraft. I played my evoker a lot. It's the new class this expansion, and kind of "flavor of the month". It feels different in several ways. Yesterday I got Ahead of the Curve on it in a pickup group. I've done that on more than one character before, but it's an exception to the rule. Aside from the overall achievement, there's an evoker-only legendary with a little "fear of missing out" attached. The important item is a random drop I still might not get but it's interesting to try for. 

In the afternoon I went for a 3-mile walk to get some semblance of exercise. Good for me. Dinner was pork chops and beans. I ate in the TV room while T. and the kid ate in the dining room but other than that it was surprisingly normal.

No comments: