Tuesday, October 31, 2023

A healthy habit?

Wordle 864 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Getting the kid to school involved some yelling because T. wanted her to give hand-me-downs to friends for their younger siblings, and she objected to the weight in her backpack and the hassle. But other than that it was fine.

Work was fine too. Two meetings, kind of stressful but they turned out fine in the end. I wish I had made more progress on certain documents, it's been a while, but I've been good about lots of side tasks.

An appointment with the psychiatrist's nurse practitioner was a waste, though, because I hadn't sent her the forms. Maybe I'll reschedule, maybe not. After three months of therapy I'm not sure I have any problems that can't be solved with a good night's sleep, efficient use of to-do lists, and a good jog. Two follow-ups about that.

  • One thing still on my to-do list is to make a podiatrist's appointment; T.'s never called me back
  • A few days ago I thought that on weekdays I'd make a habit of getting some kind of physical activity around midday. It's easy to find time around then, and this time of year, that's the best time to be outside. (In midsummer, it might be early in the morning, and T. and the kid could just deal with me being sweaty. I still have no plans for the hot part of the school year.) Yesterday it was as simple as walking to the store, and that might be the norm for Mondays. I got off on the wrong foot (so to speak) by doing it after 1 yesterday due to a meeting, but I'd consider it in the spirit of the rule. Today it'll probably be calisthenics in front of the TV, like many days until I get the plantar fasciitis sorted out.

T. took advantage of her work-from-home day to make brownies. I'm opposed to this, we have enough sugar in the house, but she doesn't care. I'd like to not eat them and let them get stale or let the kid gorge herself on them to show T. it was a bad idea. Unfortunately I doubt I'll have the willpower for the first and the kid will go for Halloween candy before the second. Oh well, maybe next time...

I put a task off at work until the last minute, so we got the kid near the last minute. Fortunately she didn't mind too much. Dinner was chicken and leftover cauliflower. 

We watched some of Beetlejuice in the evening before putting the kid to bed. All the Halloween classics.

Despite (or because of) how active it was and how much I have to say now, I was tired all day. Not sure why exactly, but being up late the night before reading probably didn't help. I'm enjoying For the Wolf.

No comments: