Tuesday, March 08, 2022

"Denouément" is a fun word

 Wordle 262 5/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning the weather was nice so I biked the kid to school. (In a month, I hope that won't qualify the post for the "exercise" label, but today I feel like it can still count.)

Work was fine yesterday. Not too busy or productive. I attended three meetings that didn't require too much input from me, got those "urgent" documents to the point where they only need approval because yesterday was the deadline. 

I also wrote a lot of a two-year check-in post I've been working on for a few weeks. I also read a lot. I finished the 13th Wheel of Time book. That was published in 2010, "only" 12 years ago, the second one of the "current" stage of my life (in DC, with T., etc.). It's also well into the denouément of the series. More plot threads getting wrapped up than getting started. When I thought back on the earlier books before and during this reread, my memories were primarily of how they tied in to later books, or commentary on sites like this (ahhh, the old Internet) or Usenet as fans tried to puzzle out the mysteries of the series, rather than the early books themselves. But this book I have more direct memories of. It's easier to rush through, which is a mixed blessing. Like I said, it's more climactic, which is fun.

Time to start something else, I guess. Or restart; I'm enjoying The Good, the Bad, and the Smug, it's just not gripping. 

We picked the kid up at the usual time. There's another kid in the pod, another classmate of theirs who also hasn't got off the aftercare waiting list. Dinner was going to be just pork chops and cauliflower, but the kid refused meat because she's going for vegetarianism. I'm not saying vegetarianism is bad but it's a hassle for me... but if she's willing to try it, I'll try to oblige, so I also threw in some beets we had, and she ate them instead of pork. Fair enough.

No comments: