Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Rough day

 Wordle 284 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday we drove the kid to school. We made it a point to leave the house earlier. I'm not sure we were any faster from start to finish, i.e. traffic was better, but at least we had more leeway for the dropoff.

I had five meetings scheduled for yesterday for work. By the standards of what I normally have to deal with, that's horrible. Three of them overlapped with each other (which is a mixed blessing!), and the first ended early because so many people had the same conflict as me, but still, it was a busyish day. 

But T. had it even worse than me by most measures, so I don't want to complain. The last meeting for both of us was school-related. There's a meeting tonight about problems with the school administration and there was a pre-meeting phone call to prep about our concerns. We were kind of stepping on each others' toes during that and while getting ready to get the kid.

While the kid had her swimming lesson, I jogged, so that was nice. (3 miles in 28 minutes, 10 seconds, 3.11 miles in 30 minutes - better again!) I had recently got some advice about breathing while working out and wasn't able to apply it, but I also wasn't exactly having problems in that area, so can't complain. One thing was frustrating, though. After forgetting things over and over again (example one, example two, and I'm not sure I've mentioned it but I've also forgot a water bottle and some other things), today I was very careful to get everything I needed, and jogging went fine. But when I went to get cleaned up, I found that of the three showers, the one I usually used was occupied, the second one had no body wash, and the third had no shower! The fixture was missing! I saw exposed wiring nearby, maybe they took it out to prevent an electrocution hazard? So I rinsed off but couldn't wash until I got home. It's annoying that I can do everything right and still have problems, I guess...

Dinner was salad and chimichurri rice from the freezer. Weird and boring, but big enough, and easy, and it uses up some stuff we've had for a while. 

I slept through the night last night. The cat spent the night out. This is probably not a coincidence. This morning I found him in a hissing match with a stray/outside cat. I had to shoo the other cat away to get my cat to come in and have breakfast.

No comments: