Saturday, March 26, 2022

I'm going to have to stop fearing Fridays

 Wordle 280 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I biked the kid to school. We were fine but there are still a lot of crazy drivers out there. Work was simple enough. I finally got around to the security refresher training I had been sitting on for a few weeks. That second weekly project review meeting was fine. In the afternoon someone reached out to me about the task I did all that detective work on. I'm glad I was able to respond that I had started working on it. 

In the afternoon I went jogging. In addition to the usual route I scouted out a few ways to add to the workout, two athletic fields where I hoped I might be able to lengthen my run by running a few laps. The second one also has calisthenics equipment set up between it and a children's playground nearby. Unfortunately neither athletic field looks good. The first seemed to be locked up, the second was in use by a school at the time. I can still think about calisthenics, I guess.

We tried to pick up the kid from school earlier than usual so we could take her to the library before gymnastics, but between traffic, and a fun talent show going on at the school that the kid didn't want to leave, there was only about 5 minutes to spare. So T. took the kid to class while I parked. Then we went to the bookstore. We got a present for the kid's friend who's having a birthday party tomorrow, and also Bunnicula for the kid (she's ambivalent about chapter books; I have fond memories of this one) and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (a classic I've never read; this doesn't count as part of my backlog of books but I wouldn't be surprised if I finish it in the next month anyway). After we had picked those out and T. was still browsing, I noticed the time and that we still had other plans. "Why don't I go grocery shopping, and you can browse more?" I said.

"No, I'm ready, I'll come with you," she replied. 

So we headed to the register. I noticed we had books for me, the kid, and the kid's friend, but not her. So I pointed out that it was a bit weird to put it on the joint account if we weren't getting something for everyone. "Well, I might have got myself something, but you were rushing me!" she said. 

In the end I went to the grocery store ahead of her and she kept browsing. I found almost everything on our list before she caught up to me. She didn't get anything, she just wanted to browse. We got out of there right on time for the end of the kid's class. She had hurt her knee in a fall. (Not doing a gymnastics move: she was running for her water bottle and tripped.) So she asked me to carry her to dinner. We went to a fast casual burger place in the neighborhood. At bedtime it was my turn to read to her but she wasn't interested in Bunnicula. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments: