Friday, March 18, 2022

Nine and a half hours

 Wordle 272 3/6

⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The kid spent yesterday at home. We gave her a covid test and it was negative, but her cough and runny nose was bad enough that we felt like we couldn't send her to school. 

I mostly worked yesterday on the biweekly reports. Normally we work on that on Friday, but we asked for them a day early this week because this is when the new format of the reports go into effect. It was OK. They didn't all come in by the revised deadline (and one of them didn't even come in by the usual deadline, ugh), but they were early enough that we were able to be productive. Bad that it coincided with the kid being sick, though. I was sending emails in between playing with Star Wars figurines with her and helping her do math homework. (She normally doesn't have it, it was just because of the sick day.) T. was home too and worked less than usual due to the kid. They baked biscuits from a kit in the afternoon. 

Around 4, T. went to a political event. I got the kid in the bath and checked my email one last time. In addition to minor stuff about the reports, there was a follow-up on this card stock request. That guy had apparently missed our last email stating fairly clearly that we don't do this kind of thing at all, and asked for 900 copies, urgently. Crazy! I can say with a clear conscience that it's not our team's problem. He's in the same organization as us so I don't want to get him in trouble with his/our own management too much, but trying to find a polite way to say "this isn't our problem" was one bit of stress too much. I almost had an anxiety attack getting things done.

Dinner was beef tips (one of Trader Joe's many pre-seasoned entrees) and Italian-style zucchini (some improvisation in the recipe but my plan A would have taken too long). Then T. went to another gathering of parents at our school. The kid and I watched some Megamind before I put her to bed.

Sleep issues

No issues! Last night I put the kid to bed a bit early for obvious reasons. I think she was out by 8:15. I cleaned up a bit and went to bed myself by 8:30 or 8:45. I woke up when T. got home a little after 10, and around 4 AM due to a little snoring, but in each case I got back to sleep quickly enough. This morning I felt more rested than I had in weeks. A total of nine and a half hours in bed more than made up for a couple minor interruptions.

No comments: