Wednesday, March 23, 2022

I'm stupid

 Wordle 277 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I biked the kid to school. We got there with 5 minutes to spare.

Work was fine. Two meetings, neither one too busy. Still trying to finish existing tasks but no big new ones coming in and still don't have what we need to close most existing ones out. Not great, not terrible. 

I posted something on Reddit that became surprisingly popular. ("Surprisingly": 24 hours ago I was at about 62,000, from about eight years of discussions of World of Warcraft, comic books, and movies. After that yesterday's popular comment I'm at about 75,000.) Nothing you'll see on Buzzfeed, let alone the news, and I won't link to it because I like to keep this stuff separate, but it was a new feeling. Kind of weird.

The weather was nice. I considered going jogging in the afternoon, but I decided against it because I'd be able to do so while the kid was in swim class. We left for that around 5. I brought a change of clothes, of course. I also brought my towel, shower sandals, and a water bottle, each of which I've forgotten in the past but got by without. I forgot my fucking sneakers. Those, I really do need. So I didn't go jogging then. Ugh. I still went biking so it's not like I got zero exercise yesterday, but still, whoops.

After we got home the kid was kind of difficult. The trigger was apparently her being unable to do certain gymnastics moves, either because she was freshly cleaned at the pool shower or because the air was cooler or drier than usual. That got her frustrated. I did less emotional labor to comfort or divert her than I normally might because I was busy making dinner (had to be faster than usual, of course, because we get home later than usual on swimming nights). T. was listening to a parent group meeting about a teacher appreciation event, so she didn't have much patience for the kid either. Oh well. There was no full-blown tantrum, she got to bed roughly on time, and we didn't even let her get away with too much bad behavior. Can't complain.

No comments: