Saturday, March 05, 2022

Better than expected

 Wordle 259 5/6*

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

 Yesterday it was cold enough that we drove the kid to school. Having a bike doesn't solve everything... At work, in addition to the stuff in yesterday's post, it was the biweekly report day. (For what it's worth, that went better than last time, but still not as good as I would have expected two or three months ago.) It was also the second week of taking minutes at this weekly meeting. 

But despite all that, it wasn't too bad? I was done with most if not all of my share of the biweekly report by noon. I multitasked a bit, editing the reports while listening to the meeting with only one ear, so to speak. Three of those four short-notice requests truly were minor. I got mine to a point where I only had questions for the subject matter expert and helped out with the less-minor one. That self-assessment really did only take 20 minutes or so. I felt good about logging off by 3 or so and relaxing for the rest of the afternoon. 

The kid got home at almost 5, along with the boy from the aftercare pod and their nanny, and we had to leave for gymnastics class at 5:30. We also brought a friend of hers who was in the class but her parents were too busy to get her there. While they were doing handstands - apparently the kid is getting good at them - we went grocery shopping. The four of us had dinner at District Taco. 

All day, T. had been... stressed? Tired? Having a minor headache, she said, among other things. So I put the kid to bed last night. We got to bed a bit earlier than usual. I was feeling fine but I was sorry she wasn't.

No comments: