Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Best sick day ever

Wordle 500 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I logged on for work around 6:45 yesterday, letting myself sleep in just a few minutes. The kid got up around 7:30, likewise roughly normal. She felt OK and got ready to face the day peacefully enough. She got to watch a little TV while T. and I worked and we waited for my father to show up. The kid couldn't go to school today due to illness, so instead she spent the day with her grandparents. That was easy!

Work was fine. Turned around a document, i.e. got it from the subject matter expert, made the minor necessary edits, cleaned it up, and sent it to one of the approvers. Also did the usual post-biweekly-report stuff. One meeting scheduled but I wasn't needed and it started while the kid and my dad were here, so I skipped it. 

In addition to work I did a little cleaning and folded my parents' laundry - they had used our washer/dryer the day before. My parents got here with the kid at around 4. They had played all day, and the kid had napped a bit in the car while my parents ran errands - win/win.

Pizza for dinner. Then, of course, Halloween. It started with the neighborhood tradition of a party in the nearby park for the kids, including music and a candy slingshot. (It looks kind of dangerous, but as long as they don't hit the 3-year-olds who crowd the launch area, it's fine.) Then we took the kid and her friend from across the street trick-or-treating, and were joined by some more neighborhood people. We went longer than ever, despite the kid being sick and the weather being drizzly. (Her friend really enjoyed the double meaning of "under the weather".) The kid was whining by the end of it, justifiably, but she still resisted bedtime when it was time.

No comments: