Thursday, August 24, 2023

Last day of summer

Wordle 796 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Went jogging yesterday morning. Once again, a shorter route than usual, 2.4 miles, although this time I was mainly worried about time, since I had some work going on and also to get the kid to camp. 

I drove her to camp. If she had gone to this camp longer I'd wish I had biked her. It's on the Anacostia and the weather was beautiful. But it would be a long way to do without preparation.

Work was OK. 

I had a therapy session, which went well except for schedule discussion. I may just not be able to make anything work with this therapist.

I didn't play any Warcraft. As discussed here, I'm scaling back a bit. I figure I can play Thursday and either Tuesday or Wednesday, and I did play Tuesday, so I didn't yesterday.

I logged off earlyish to get the kid, because camp ends at 3, and she had an orthodontist's appointment after that to get expanders. There was some schedule mixup (this is a theme!) but we were able to get seen. I was surprised how well it went at first.

After that, a little grocery shopping since we were right there. Then home to drop things off, including the car, and the kid and I took the bus downtown. We met T. at a fancy restaurant for a going-away party for a co-worker of hers. It went well until the kid realized she couldn't eat anything but applesauce. The expander was kicking in.

We got home around her bedtime. It went well until she said she was hungry. It was a struggle to find anything she could eat. Uh oh.

No comments: