Monday, August 14, 2023

Shopping and swimming

Wordle 786 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜🟨🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Went jogging yesterday morning for the first time in over a week. Good for me. 

The usual Sunday brunch yesterday, eggs and home fries, the only problem being serving T. breakfast in bed.

I wanted to go to the hardware store and bring the kid. She dragged her feet but came eventually. I think it helped when I explained why I wanted her to come (because what if she needs a parent but the only one around is her mother, with covid?). I also relented to a couple requests I might not have otherwise (an extra stop by a gumball machine, and gardening gloves). At the hardware store I got a weed whacker, because the back alley is gross; a new toilet paper holder, because the old one sort of broke, although T. wants to return what I bought and get something more elaborate; and those gardening gloves, which her mother said she actually needed anyway. 

Lunch at Chipotle.

After that I took her to the pool. I had reached out to the parents of some friends of hers but they were busy, so it was just her, me, and diving toys. She had a miniature tantrum every time she failed to get the diving toy before it hit the bottom. She had a real fit when I told her it was time to go. I first tried to leave after an hour and a half because that was a break time, but she begged, so I said we could stay until 15 minutes after going back in the water. It wound up being 20, I had to drag her out, and THEN we had to play on the nearby playground. 

As soon as we got home, she complained about being hungry, even though I wanted to shower and change before going to get takeout. This fucking kid. I actually sneaked in, "Well, it's a good thing we didn't stay longer at the pool, isn't it?" Or to summarize, "I told you so."

Dinner, as I said, was takeout. From a new Chinese place specialized in dumplings, more specifically. It was good.

No comments: