Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Single parenting, day one

Wordle 801 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Woke up when T. did, which was around 5:30 because her flight was early. The Lyft she had reserved never showed up. Luckily the noise we made woke the kid, so I just drove T. to the airport and took the kid with us.

She had an hour's downtime between that and school in which she watched TV. I biked her to school. Getting back in the swing of things. 

Work was fairly typical: Nothing published, but made minor progress on several tasks. I did the monthly report to my manager and, as expected, we've made progress across the board. That's nice. I ran a couple errands during the day: getting a Waterpik T. found via the Buy Nothing group, to the library to print off a form for the renovation, and to the store for beer.

Our friends got the kid from school and let the girls play for a couple hours. I got her around 5:30.

Dinner was the chicken stew, the second meal I had made the day before. Unfortunately, while its consistency was fine for her expander, the main vegetable was tomatoes and I forgot she doesn't like those. Ugh. Single-parenting is hard. Not that that problem couldn't have occurred any night, and indeed I actually cooked it before T. was gone... this kid is difficult? Parenting is hard in general?

Anyways, we talked to my parents briefly, mostly just to show off the expander, but got cleaned up and went to bed early.

It's a good thing we did because I woke up around 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep for over an hour. My concern about my well-being has shifted to insomnia.

No comments: