Thursday, August 10, 2023

"Self-care" my ass

Wordle 782 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I was productive in the morning, cleaning up my inbox and following up on several minor things at work. Sort of productive. Not sure I worked on the right stuff or made enough of a dent in my backlog. Oh well, progress is progress.

So far therapy has resulted in three things: watching a show on Netflix on meditation, tracking my day in more detail (after the first session I started a journal, and after the second, a spreadsheet), and thinking about self-care. I'm not sure exactly what it means, but considering that around 9 AM yesterday T. tested positive for covid, the very idea seemed humorous to me. T. has covid, the kid has an ear infection with symptoms longer/worse than usual; what kind of an asshole would I be trying to self-care? What kind of self-care is even possible under the circumstances?

So anyways, I had a meeting at 11 AM, and logged off work after that on principle. I played a little Warcraft just to unwind but we all wound up napping for a while. In the afternoon I read to the kid. Parenting is easy when she's at the climax of a novel she likes! She finished the seventh Harry Potter book. Big step. She laughed at me when I teared up at a sad part. Cold-blooded of her. She started watching the movie while I went for a walk and ran some errands. 

Dinner was pork chops and corn on the cob. T. ate in the TV room, away from the kid and I, and I served her wearing a mask.

No comments: