Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Tuesday with suspiciously easy parenting

Wordle 788 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Relatively normal morning yesterday. The kid was playing quietly in her room during my team meeting (mostly). When it was time to go, she asked for 5 more minutes, and when I authorized it she set the timer herself. 

Work was fine. More productive than the day before, but that's not saying much.

I had physical therapy at 3 PM. I took the bus. For the first time, I wished I had drove. It poured and I got soaked between getting off the bus and getting to the PT office.

I picked up the kid on the way home. While leaving she saw her friend's mother and wanted to wait for her. She found a pillbug on the sidewalk, named it, and generally treated it like a cute little kitten. Sometimes the kid is deliberately cute. Sometimes it's annoying; sometimes it's just weird.

After I got home, a little more work.

Dinner was spaghetti and broccoli. 

After I read to the kid and had put her down, she decided she was hungry and asked for a second dinner. The fact that she settled for chicken and mango - the easiest protein and easiest fruit in the house - makes me think she was sincere, but still, it was a tiny bit annoying.

No comments: